Some people love to have their friends and family visiting their home; for others, it’s a stressful operation that can seem like more trouble than it’s worth. But the people who feel like this just probably haven’t quite figured out the right approach, yet. While it can seem like a minefield when it comes to how to make people feel at home and relaxed on your property, the solution is usually pretty straightforward. You just need to follow some useful tips, as we’ve outlined below.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”c8bfG” via=”yes” ]Some people love to have their friends and family visiting their home; for others, it’s a stressful operation that can seem like more trouble than it’s worth. Here are some tips on making guest feel welcome.[/ctt]
5 Tips for Making Guests Feel Welcome In Your Home
Don’t Overplan Their First Day
You might feel like you’re under some sense of duty to ensure that your guests are always entertained while they’re on your property, but that doesn’t mean you need to go overboard with your planning, and especially not on the first day. If your friends and family have traveled a long way to be with you, then they probably won’t have the energy to head out and begin a day of exploring. They’ll probably be more than content with simply having a catch-up, eating some food, and looking ahead to the fun things they’ll do in the coming day.
Food and Drink Options
And talking of food, this is one area where you’ll have to take extra care. There are many diets that people follow today, so whoever they are, you can’t just assume they’ll eat whatever you put in front of them. Of course, most people would eat whatever out of politeness, but it’s much better if you take some time, and ask them if there’s anything they can’t or don’t want to eat. Also, before their arrival, stock up on some bottled water, delicacies, snack foods, and so on to have in their room on a tray for them. There’s nothing worse than a thirsty or hungry guest!
Nail the Guest Room
There’s an art to creating the perfect guest room. You’ll want to ensure that it feels like it has all the comforts of a hotel room, but also has a hint of your own personality and warmth thrown into the mix, too. Begin by making the bed as comfortable as possible. You should find a mattress at mattress.review, invest in high-quality sheets, and make sure that everything is clean. You should also make a bottle of water – and possibly some snacks – available in the bedroom, and ensure that they have enough space to unpack their belongings.
Clean the Entire House
There are some expectations when it comes to hosting guests at your home, and they’re not always going to be noticed by the people staying at your home. Take cleaning. You and your guests will enjoy the stay much more if the house is spotless! Give your home a clean like you’re expecting a visit from royalty, and your guests will feel much more at home and relaxed.
Everybody forgets something when they leave their home. Have a spare toothbrush, deodorant, and other bathroom essentials available, and you’ll be going the extra mile to ensure that your guests can feel relaxed and happy.
This is a contributed post.
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00LLKWVL4′ text='bottled water' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='2e888bff-52bc-11e8-885c-ef835620a09a']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B001TKDPEI' text='delicacies' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='47b95e3a-52bc-11e8-8a01-b996bb54c96d']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B071GMDHNF' text='snack foods' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='569e630f-52bc-11e8-af6f-5ded49d49c0f']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01BTVMM0E' text='high quality sheets' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='93839265-52bd-11e8-820e-a77bdd082684′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00ELI7SOS' text='toothbrush' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='9aecb2c6-52bd-11e8-bede-91e5d7870cbc']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00RD82N4I' text='deoderant' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='a35fef87-52bd-11e8-803c-cb2b083b0db9′]
- handmade soap
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0065JC4PE' text='comb' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='d5f34ade-52c0-11e8-9d28-490f48a2c079′]
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome