As I’m only one mom of eight who runs a blog, homeschools, runs an Etsy shop, an eBay store, is a product reviewer, buys abandoned storage units to resell and sells essential oils – there is only so much time in a day! As my readership has increased, as well as my Domain Authority scores, I have had many submissions for guest posts coming in. I am at a point in my life where I need to be more picky about accepting guest posts.
This article contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
Submit The Following
If you have a following of over 5,000 on social media, please submit the following with the words “5K Guest Post“ in the subject line to email@example.com and I will let you know whether the submission will be accepted and when it will go live on my site.
- Your first and last name.
- The name of your blog or company.
- Social media proof of at least 5,000.
- The URL to your website. You can also link to an additional item such as your ebook or ecourse or other products you sell, but only one please.
- The article for submission (minimum 500 words and must have something to do with the topics on the blog – for example, I am not a weight loss blogger so please do not submit a weight loss article) – Amy Marohl reserves the right to edit the article as necessary or to refuse any article.
- At the bottom of your guest post, include your bio. Have a welcoming profile image. Add a sentence or two about you. Include your social media links and website. Also, put a link to your best money-making blog post (that contains affiliate links). Put in your website. Add a link back to your best optin or freebie to get readers to sign up to your email list. (This step is optional, but would really help you.)
If you have a following of under 5,000 on social media, please consider purchasing Easy Backlinks For SEO. In that eBook, as of 2019, Debbie lists over 60 bloggers that accept guest posts.
If you are a business, it is not free to advertise here. Please ask about my rates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Can I Submit?
- All posts must be original. We do not accept content that has been published prior to our site.
- Viewing my sites from a desktop, on the sidebar of each of my websites, there is a “Categories” box, click that to see what types of topics there are.
- When you have an idea of what to write, type the topic into the “Search” box to see if everything you have to say has already been covered. If not, write up the article with a minimum of 500 words.
- We will not accept articles that are negative in nature, political, has profanity, lewd content or is disrespectful to others.
- It is your responsibility that all content does not infringe on any copyright issues. This includes, but is not limited to videos, pictures, written words, quotes, and music.
- Please note that the article cannot contain banner ads, but you may give links under wording to other sites (but not affiliate links, which will be marked “no follow” unless that is your one “do follow” link).
Note also that I will put my banner ads or other advertising on the article for my payment as well as disclosure wording.
- I only take a certain number of submissions per month due to my limited amount of time available, so if I receive your article later than others, it may have to wait until the next calendar month to be posted on my blog. I will let you know approximate timing of when the article will be posted.
After The Article Is Posted
- I will send you a link to the article.
- You need to share the article on all of your social media outlets at least once.
- Share the link to the article to your email subscribers.
- Email me that all of these tasks are complete.
- I will share this article to my social media outlets.
- One important thing to remember: once your article is published, you CANNOT add it to your blog or any other blog. This keeps our credibility with search engines. When things are published in multiple places, it loses credibility.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting a guest post you are in no way becoming a member of the staff or are part of the NeededInTheHome staff and you agree to the terms set forth and are bound by them.
You agree that I can promote your blog post anywhere to get traffic to it. You allow me to re-purpose your content to generate additional traffic and exposure. (example: infographics, images, quotes, etc.)
- Guest blogger agrees to write the post without charge and agrees to not request compensation in the future.
- Guest blogger hereby grants Amy Marohl the unconditional and irrevocable right to reproduce the guest blog post on any format, and to distribute, sell, prepare derivative works, advertise, and publicize the blog post without compensation to Guest blogger.
- Amy Marohl may edit the post at her discretion. Amy Marohl shall own the worldwide rights, title, and interest, including copyright in and to, the Guest blogger's post.
Please do not place affiliate links within your blog post. You are welcome to link back to a blog post on your own website that contains affiliate links.
Benefits of Guest Posting for Bloggers:
- Get traffic back to your site and grow your email list
- Have a “do-follow” link to your blog which is amazing for SEO and Domain Authority
- Continuously get traffic from your guest post as I load it to my social media queues
- Build authority and credibility even as a small blogger
- Add “my post was featured on” message to your website to increase your expertise
- You can blog about something that you may not normally blog about
Benefits of Guest Posting for Non-Bloggers:
- Get exposure to a big audience
- Test out your writing skills to discover if blogging is right for you
- Have a creative outlet
- Share your advice and tips with others
- Build authority and credibility as a writer
- Build confidence and join a community
Benefits of Guest Posting for Freelancers:
- You get a reference to use when applying for freelance jobs as having worked with my site
- Freelance content managers and writers have a place to refer clients to for an example of their work
- Help a site you work with as a freelancer to retain a reference
- Increase your rank on Google Search as a trusted source
- Great exposure for an example of your work when it is shared on all my social media
- This article will get seen for years to come bringing in long-term traffic for a low price
- You can advertise that your article was featured on my website
If you are a business…
If you are learning about blogging, and would like to learn the same things I did, look in my resources section on my blog under “Blogging” to see what I used.
Register for the Start a Blog free email course.
If you are looking to increase your Domain Authority in other ways, please consider my eBook, Discovering Domain Authority.
I will let you know whether the submission will be accepted and when it will go live on my site. Thank you for your interest. Amy at NeededInTheHome
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome