If you have just moved into a new place or laid a fresh carpet, you want to make sure that you take the best care of it that you possibly can. And when it comes to carpeting, caring for it properly is an ongoing task. So, if you have never had to do this before or you don’t really know where to begin, this is the article for you. Let’s delve deeper into the basics of keeping your carpet looking great all year round.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”MPv69″ via=”yes” ]When it comes to carpeting, caring for it properly is an ongoing task. So, if you have never had to do this before or you don’t really know where to begin, here are some carpet care tips for you.[/ctt]
Vacuum on a Daily Basis
The best-kept carpets are the ones which people vacuum on a daily basis. You don’t have to spend very long doing it, but regular maintenance will keep it looking so much better and will prevent any dirt or debris from sinking in too deep. If you don’t have the time or the inclination to do it yourself, you could invest in a robotic vacuum cleaner to do the job for you. The less dirt in your carpet, the longer it is likely to last.
Take Care of Spots and Spills Straight Away
Rather than giving them a chance to soak into the carpet and spoil its appearance, you should take care of spots and spills as soon as you can. As well as reducing the rate of absorption significantly, this will also help to reduce bacteria and the other issue which are caused by a spill. If you leave them to soak in, they are going to be all the more difficult to remove later.
Use Deep Extraction
Even though you may keep up with your regular carpet cleaning regime, it is still so important that you give it a deep clean from time to time. In this way, you are helping to remove embedded dirt, dust, pollen, and any other pollutants. Of course, you should select the cleaning product that you are going to use carefully. Rather than filling your carpet with harmful chemicals, you could instead select a brand which has ‘green’ credentials. Alternatively, you could look into professional carpet cleaning services. This way, you can ensure that the job is being taken care of by a professional.
Avoid the Hype of New Products
There are so many products on the market which all promise to remove stains and odours, when in fact all they are doing is driving them deeper. Eventually, the stains will reappear looking worse than ever. There is no point spending your money on inferior products. You should do your research about the type of enzymatic cleaning products which are designed to remove odours rather than masking them.
Taking good care of your carpet will ensure that they stay looking at their best for the longest possible time. Essentially, you need to tackle the daily maintenance involved, as well as doing the more intensive cleans to remove deep stains and odours. Alternatively, you could look into calling in the professionals to take care of the job for you.
This is a contributed post.
- [amazon_textlink asin='B06XRT2B3P|B0769G8BC2′ text='robotic vacuum cleaner' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|UK' link_id='8669b606-4892-11e8-8cf1-e567e0b3e9b7′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00ECXGSAC|B01KVYF0B8′ text='white absorbent kitchen towel' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|UK' link_id='a727841f-4892-11e8-ab4b-d5889350fadc']
- RPC carpet spotting kit
- [amazon_textlink asin='B001XQ7LOS|B016IQ9D34′ text='washing up liquid' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|UK' link_id='b63d3652-4892-11e8-aea5-9f79f7cdcce7′]
- white cotton flannel cloth
- [amazon_textlink asin='B007408TTS|B006ISV58O' text='biodegradable carpet cleaner' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|UK' link_id='d14ed63a-4892-11e8-8bfb-09ba6c12232c']
- carpet cleaning services
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00WNEB4BU|B004HYU79O' text='enzymatic carpet odor remover' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|UK' link_id='f1fa2ea7-4892-11e8-828c-75a0acff4f38′]
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome