Keeping yourself and all of your family safe in the home is definitely something you want to make sure you get right, but it's also likely to be the kind of thing which you find difficult to achieve in many ways. Most people struggle to know exactly how to make sure that they are keeping their family safe, beyond the absolute basics of safety and security which we all know. The truth is that there are a number of elements of safety in the home which are commonly overlooked, and if you can look into those and make sure you are getting them right, you will probably be doing great things for yourself and your family in the long run. Without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the often-forgotten elements of home safety, and what to do about them.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”3XfB2″ via=”yes” ]There are a few often-forgotten elements to home safety that should certainly not be overlooked, have you thought about these?[/ctt]
The Often-Forgotten Elements To Home Safety
We don’t normally spend much time thinking about the roof, but in truth it is one of the most important parts of the home, especially from a safety perspective. If your roof is damaged or there are tiles missing, then it can mean you are liable to being unsafe in a number of ways. For a start, you might be allowing people who want to get into your home unnoticed to do so, albeit in a difficult manner. But you are also more exposed to the elements, and this means a much less safe home for you and your family. If you want to keep the roof safe, make sure you check it regularly – and if there is anything missing, be sure to look into the likes of Roof Replacement Insurance Claims so that you can make it as worth your while as possible.
It is actually surprisingly easy to poison your family with carbon monoxide. All it takes is for you to keep the windows closed for too long, and you might find that the carbon levels in the home start to rise. Of course, it is invisible and odorless, so you won’t know it’s there until it is doing some real damage. If you are not careful, it could be fatal, so it’s important to make sure that you have a carbon monoxide alarm installed, as these are likely to help you to avoid such a terrible fate. You should also be sure to open the windows and doors occasionally.
If you have any mold in the home, you might want to make sure you get rid of it at your earliest convenience. Not only is it unattractive, it might also actually be bad for you. If it becomes black, then breathing it in can actually cause you quite a lot of harm, so it’s important to do something about it before that point. You should be able to call in a mold removal company to do it for you, or you can try to get rid of it yourself. The main thing is that you don’t allow it to worsen.
There are many other things to check for safety measures around the home, but hopefully, these have given you a great start.
This is a contributed post.
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00002N86A|B000MXJ498|B008G1H3WI|B00YA286Z0|B00Y8DOSXA|B00ZA39ENG|B00ABGEL62′ text='carbon monoxide detector' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|IT|DE|FR|UK' link_id='6e86ca26-42f8-11e8-9783-6b6ee56e7daf']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B016YSY8XQ|B006JAERJK|B0753DJ254|B01B4VSZ2I|B01M6CNPXU' text='mold test kit' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|UK|DE' link_id='a9440564-42f8-11e8-99da-374cabf6c09d']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00063Y25U|B009KULLT0|B000VDPNCQ' text='mold mask' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|CA|UK' link_id='e5ddf05e-42f8-11e8-9fd2-5d9228c4a0e2′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00SRR8I16|B01MSLSVE0|B002AFX4VA|B005ELVMDO|B00HVZNX4M|B0049J8RC6|B0188ENQ32′ text='rubber gloves' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|IT|UK|DE|FR' link_id='1ee712c4-42f9-11e8-acea-5b4f0e026b62′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B002MPPYWK|B005HF4WBQ|B002MPPYWK|B001PSMKAY|B0058I2S7C|B00QIIKJJK' text='mold spray' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|DE|FR|UK' link_id='6919f9a7-42f9-11e8-b379-530936a7a6a5′]
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome
Leave a Reply