The blue skies are finally upon us, and most of us are in the throes of a spring clean to put all previous spring cleans to shame. After all, this is the perfect time to cast off those winter webs and say HELLO to sunshine. But, when the spring clean is over, it might be worth turning your attentions outside.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”cU6XV” via=”yes” ]This Is The Year For Your Garden, But Is Your Garden Shed In Shape? Here are some things to work on in getting your garden shed ready.[/ctt]
Whether you’ve paid attention to your garden before or not, this is the year to get things under control. What’s more, you’re just in time to do it. Most summer plants and veg require planting by at least April, even if it's just indoors for a while. So, there’s no time like the present. Stock up on tools like those mentioned at www.mnn.com and get ready to garden.
Of course, once you have the tools, you need to think where you can store them. You can’t very well bring that lawnmower into your home. Yet, you don’t stand a chance of tackling that lawn without it. The same can be said for the pairs of shears and spades you’ll need on hand. It’s likely you have a shed, of course, but the thing hasn’t seen use in years. As it is, it’s not even fit to store a sack of grain. Instead of using this as an excuse to ignore your garden for another year, bring your shed up to shape too. Here’s how you can do it.
First, consider repairs. A hole-filled shed won’t be suitable for storing anything. As well as posing security risks, leaks and lousy weather are sure to ruin your equipment. And, that won’t do after you’ve just forked out. So, sort the issue by turning your attention to repairs. Many of these you may be able to tackle on your own. Small holes, for instance, are easy to cover using spare pieces of wood. Bear in mind, though, that when it comes to matters like roofing repair, it’s worth calling in a company like wildwoodroof.com who can take care of things for you. Given that this is the place most exposed to the elements, you can’t afford to risk getting it wrong. But, with a professional touch, you can be sure to rest easy.
So what about shed security?
Though it might not have occurred to you, shed security is essential. Add it all together, and that garden gear is worth a pretty penny. And, don’t thieves know it? As such, you need to turn your attention to safety next. Typically, this involves investing in padlocks for your doors. But, as can be seen from sites like zacsgarden.com, you need to be careful with what you choose. A lock of the wrong material could rust under a constant barrage of the elements. What’s more, key-only options can leave you at risk of lock picks. Often, a variety of locks and methods are the best chance you have. Back that key-lock up with one which requires a security code. Then, you can rest pretty easy that your stuff will stay safe.
This is a contributed post.
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00KLY0XO8|B001HBY7SC|B0799JFMJV|B007H6YA06|B007H6YA06|B079BJKQH5|B00858TVPE' text='garden scissors' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|IT|UK|DE|FR' link_id='fd8d6bee-416b-11e8-88a8-5fb0020077b0′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B06XWZ8ZPT' text='dandelion digger garden weeder' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='d914ea25-416c-11e8-b4b4-0fa62ce63b3c']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00NG6GJ8W|B01EHSJVR8|B07BFGN4CB|B002SW31FY' text='Hori-Hori soil knife' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21′ marketplace='US|CA|UK|DE' link_id='0b72e5ac-416d-11e8-81d6-2de8037bd500′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B000B794HC|B001WHEUL0|B0026ZOM6K|B001WHEUL0|B0026ZOM6K' text='Saboten Model 1210 pruning shears' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|IT|UK|FR' link_id='624af3e6-416d-11e8-9f05-4f90ce702f70′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00L3YOBOS|B00002N674|B00002N67Q|B001IKU3QM|B00002N67Q' text='Gilmour hose' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|IT|UK' link_id='a4c7ac31-416d-11e8-b740-cddb9f08ea4c']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B001P80G7S|B01N3PH0JP' text='Dramm water wand or nozzle' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|UK' link_id='d0cbfbdb-416d-11e8-9d6a-692e72c58c97′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01IRSL2I0|B004UMK3NS' text='Sharpshooter shovel' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20′ marketplace='US|CA' link_id='fe979e51-416d-11e8-9a3f-d115832a3d3e']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0007LXTS2|B0007LXTS2|B00881OIC4|B00BR1CJPK|B00881OIC4|B00881OIC4′ text='shrub rake' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinth0b3-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|CA|IT|DE|FR|UK' link_id='526fda14-416e-11e8-915b-751885d4d60d']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B000GIIQFC|B001RD7LRO|B000GIIQFC|B0007LXTPA|B000GIIQFC|B000GIIQFC' text='Corona RS saw' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|UK|DE|FR' link_id='7fe9648a-416e-11e8-a818-9986d4d8a792′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00KOMT6WC|B00KOMT6WC|B00MGMG4WS|B000DILOUE' text='Loop hoe' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|UK' link_id='b10fc9b4-416e-11e8-9d6a-692e72c58c97′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0797P7YXZ|B010XETA6M|B01I909KHQ|B01EWAFB98|B072FH68PY|B00X764ETW' text='wide brimmed sun hat' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|IT|UK|DE|FR' link_id='e7a38002-416e-11e8-9bc1-ada2109ffbdc']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0017SX88A' text='A Tip Bag by Bosmere (for debris)' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='f420d3e2-416e-11e8-ba8d-c179322d9b4b']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00M11HJY6′ text='A kneeling pad' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='fdd039aa-416e-11e8-aecd-ab4b07a408fb']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00W5TGD3W' text='garden gloves' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='0bdb329d-416f-11e8-a1eb-a371280477df']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B07BXRD7KN' text='A corn husk broom' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='153fd476-416f-11e8-8905-61338d24bcb4′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B004I96S1Y' text='garden rolling cart' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='1e65239f-416f-11e8-9465-75412127e3b8′][amazon_textlink asin='B004I96S1Y' text='garden rolling cart' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='1e6b64ed-416f-11e8-a29c-23a6470d9eb6′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B001G7Q230′ text='Shelter Logic Shed In A Box' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='2f7fa5b3-416f-11e8-84a5-29a2c0301633′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B003XGVKP2′ text='Wooden Storage Shed kit' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='49199a21-416f-11e8-9347-6feb8667fa53′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B000Y8LRVO' text='Abus Diskus Plus Padlock KA' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='38822ae1-416f-11e8-9125-a9ed43d8fca6′][amazon_textlink asin='B000Y8LRVO' text='Abus Diskus Plus Padlock KA' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='38a96140-416f-11e8-a2d3-dbb4cc2dd399′]
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome