The more the merrier. You will have a lot of fun if you are camping in a group than when you do it all alone. With a lot of people at the campsite, you will have a lot of people to talk to and a huge party to play games with. In as much as camping in a group is fun and enjoyable, it is also quite challenging. This is because as an adult, you will have a lot of responsibilities on you and this could leave you frustrated if things don’t go your way. The young ones can get naughty out there if they are not comfortable and as such, they will wail and make the whole place unbearable.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”de43x” via=”yes” ]You should get your family to camp with you as it will teach them a little bit about survival. The trick is to learn how to manage a large family camping trip and this article highlights some useful tips in this regard.[/ctt]
Tips and Tricks for a Large Family Camping Trip
This, however, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t bring your kids with you when heading to camp. In fact, you should get them to come to camp with you as it will teach them a little bit about survival. The trick is to learn how to manage a large family camping trip and this article highlights some useful tips in this regard.
Useful tips for a large family camping trip
There are a few things that you can do to make your large family camping trip enjoyable and here are a few of them.
1. Get a spacious and reliable tent
The shelter that you get for your family camping trip is one of the things that you must get right if you want to have a great time outdoors. The tent should be spacious enough so as to ensure that everyone is comfortable as they are camping. Each camper should have enough space to sleep and the surface should be comfortable as well.
Anything to the contrary will result in restless kids and this is the last thing that you want on a cold morning out when you are camping. A tent that is not comfortable will also leave the adults tired and exhausted and this will prevent you from going about your activities with ease.
Another thing that you must consider when picking a tent is its ability to protect you from the elements. This will ensure that you are protected and safe from elements such as rain, strong winds, and excess UV rays.
2. Label everything when packing
You will probably be carrying a lot of supplies when camping in a large group and this makes labeling a critical aspect of packing your camping supplies. Labeling makes it easy to identify critical supplies and this enhances your stay outdoors.
Supplies that are similar in nature should be placed in one bag and labeled appropriately. If its bedding, they should be in a similar bag and the bag labeled appropriately. Get your kids in on the labeling fun and ask them to label their packed items. This, other than making it easy to find the items that you need when you arrive at camp, will teach the children the essence of getting organized, a skill that will help them later in life.
3. Shop on location
Shopping before you leave for camp seems a good idea, as you will be able to get all the supplies that you need before you head to camp, but you should avoid this if you want to have fresh supplies when you arrive at camp. Buying your supplies, especially foodstuffs, before you head to camp will mean that you have to travel with them for the entire journey and this way, some foods could go bad.
It is for this reason why it is advisable to shop closer to your campsite rather than buying the supplies at home and traveling with them. You will arrive at your campsite with fresher loaves of bread and meats if you buy them closer to your campsite and this will ensure that you feed on fresh foods rather that those than are about to go bad.
4. Bring enough toys and games for the kids
Adults can just relax and find useful things to do when camping but the kids will get restless when they have nothing to do. It is for this reason why you need to bring enough toys and games that will keep the kids engaged when they are at camp.
Go through their toys and carry those that they use frequently. Don’t, however, carry the whole set as you still want them to enjoy nature and to engage in physical activities that will help them exercise.
You can also bring sporting items such as a football or a baseball and a bat for you to play some real sports with your kids. Before you bring such items, however, you should make sure that your campsite has an open field for you to engage in some real sports.
5. A checklist is very important
You will have to bring a lot of supplies when camping with kids and you may forget some of them if you don’t make a checklist. With a checklist, you can go about checking the items that you need when shopping and packing and this will reduce your chances of forgetting crucial camping supplies.
6. Plan your meals
You will also have to plan your meals when camping with kids as you probably will not be heading out to hunt your meals. That’s how our grandparents did it but unfortunately, they didn’t pass those skills onto us. Plan the meals that you will eat when you are out there.
Plan what you will eat for breakfast and do the same for lunch and dinner. Planning your meals will make sure that you have an easy time as everything will be set out and this will reduce the effort needed to make meals.
Camping with a large group can be challenging but these large family camping tips will make that easy for you. They will help you plan your trip better and this will ensure that you have an easy time when you are camping.
This is a contributed post by Tadej Kožar of Camping Valley.
- [amazon_textlink asin='B014WD9HZO' text='tent that sleeps ten' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='5db53973-64c6-11e8-97d4-01207b0a12ba']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0018NFYLS' text='label maker' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='fbd088cc-64c6-11e8-b5a8-bf98a2dc2cde']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00UHJDFOM' text='permanent markers' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='13da40e5-64c7-11e8-99fe-fd00fa9fd7d9′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01FXMDA2O' text='gallon Ziploc plastic bags' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='317b3e3f-64c7-11e8-a4e8-9711d6b04a9a']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B003UEGZ5C' text='two gallon Ziploc plastic bags' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='4644e5cd-64c7-11e8-8daa-e7e5088c06f8′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0788ZJYLK' text='plastic bedding bag' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='73ae6ac8-64c7-11e8-bc7a-33090eed723c']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B001EN237A' text='football' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='3a085001-64c8-11e8-820a-afdcf547ecb1′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01FVVKY08′ text='plastic bat and ball' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='4c9c04c4-64c8-11e8-bd88-193b962f897f']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B000OWL0X0′ text='outdoor frisbee golf game' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='588f8e80-64c8-11e8-85f4-a3756c2ea27d']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01I5XHILW' text='ladder ball game' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='79b260ab-64c8-11e8-a62f-771654d7567d']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B000IXAJVY' text='flashlight' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='8f0a3e15-64c8-11e8-afee-c336f6f21247′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00164H4AI' text='batteries' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='a8005134-64c8-11e8-880d-7b75cfa44db6′]
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome