When raising an adventurous family, working, and trying to keep up to date with a busy schedule, it’s easy to think of a clean home as nothing more than a fantasy. After all, it sometimes feels that as soon as you clean one room in the house, your children have managed to turn the other into a complete mess. However, while it’s important to remember that your home doesn’t have to be spotless 100% of the time – there are certain steps you can take that make it easier to keep your home clean and tidy!
Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to Amazon Associates, Walmart.com, and Etsy.
Photo by Crema Joe on Unsplash
With that in mind, here are some top tips for a sparkling clean home!
- Stock up your cleaning cupboard so that you have access to a wide range of cleaning products. This is due to the fact that having one antibacterial spray alone is often not enough to effectively clean your entire home, especially when different appliances require different kinds of care and attention.
- Cut down on the costs of cleaning products by looking into cleaning products you can DIY. For example, there are plenty of homemade cleaning recipes out there that could not only save you money but leave your home looking brand new. Even better, making your own cleaning products is far better for the environment due to the fact that they won’t include harsh chemicals or pollutants.
- Understand that there are some duties you can simply not do alone and as such, you will need to bring in a specialist to do some of the dirty work for you. For example, carpets often retain large amounts of dust, grime, and debris over time that can be hard to remove alone. As a result, if you have carpets within your home, you may want to hire a Carpet Cleaning Company.
- Put together a cleaning schedule and ensure that you stick to it. While it may seem unnecessary to add cleaning into your daily calendar, it is a great way to hold yourself accountable and ensure that you get the job done as opposed to leaving the tasks for another day.
- Remember that you don't have to tackle all of the cleaning yourself – especially as your children start to get older. Put together a cleaning rota that encourages the whole family to get involved to help out. Furthemore, in order to add a little incentive to chores, offer a prize to the first person to complete all of their duties that day. For example, they could choose what you have for dinner that evening.
- Take some time to learn about the art of cleaning home appliances, as different appliances require different levels of care and maintenance. Knowing exactly what you need to do to keep your appliances clean and in good working order ahead of time reduces the chances of your running into any problems further down the line.
- When cleaning a room, start from the highest point and work your way down. For example, you might want to begin by dusting hard-to-reach shelves and finish with vacuuming the floor. This way, any dirt or dust that is dislodged as you clean will not undo your hard work.
This is a contributed post.
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
If you find my tips useful, feel free to buy me a coffee to support my efforts. Thank you in advance!
Be sure to check out our Etsy shop, NeededInTheHome.
Looking for deals? Read posts about Shopping Deals.
Subscribe to our Hot Shopping Deals emails so you never miss a deal!
Want to remember this? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome
Leave a Reply