So you're reading business eBooks and wondering how to market yourself better as a brand or blogger and you come across the term “blogger outreach”. Let's talk about what that is and how you can achieve it as a brand or blogger.
This is a collaborative post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”LdIV7″ via=”yes” ]So you're reading business eBooks and wondering how to market yourself better as a brand or blogger and you come across the term “blogger outreach”. Let's talk about what that is and how you can achieve it as a brand or blogger.[/ctt]
What Is Blogger Outreach And How Do I Achieve It As A Brand Or Blogger?
Blogger Outreach Defined
Blogger outreach is basically planning to reach out to an influencer, which is usually a blogger, (hence the name, but could be someone with a strong social media presence without a blog) and asking them to write about your company in exchange for free products, service or payment.
80% of millennial Pinterest users say that the platform will help them decide what to buy. And who is mostly on Pinterest? Bloggers!
Consumers often turn their attention to bloggers when conducting online research, such as to learn more about a product, service or brand. Furthermore, 81% of peopletrust the advice they receive from bloggers.
With this in mind, it’s important to leverage the power of bloggers in your social media and content space. By using one or more of the tools above, you’ll be able to do so with a greater level of success.
Blogger Outreach for Brands
Companies with a product to sell or “Brands” can benefit from reaching out to bloggers or influencers by furnishing them with a product for free. How? Well, a disclaimer on their site will say “I received free product, but all opinions are my own”, but there are very few bloggers or influencers who will give a negative review of a product or service they receive for free. Most reviews end up either neutral or very positive.
When the Brand is mentioned, it is often marked a “do follow”, which helps the brand's Domain Authority score to go higher and helps them to rank better in Google search as well as become a “trusted” brand. Google is responsible for 96% of all smartphone search traffic, and 94% of total organic traffic in 2018.
50% of people are more likely to click on a particular brand name if that brand name shows up more than once on the search results.
A few ways a brand can reach out to a blogger:
- Offer a free product or service in exchange for a product review with social shares (and hope they will give you a “do follow”).
- Ask them if they would like to be an affiliate for referring people to buy your products and explain the commission terms, etc.
- Offer to pay for space on their website to advertise a banner ad for your business.
- Pay a trusted company for blogger outreach services so you don't have to take the time yourself to find the bloggers and ask for permissions, etc.
Blogger Outreach for Bloggers
Sometimes it seems like a blogger just came on the scene and they are suddenly popular. How did that happen so fast? Sometimes bloggers are acting somewhat like a Brand and reaching out to other bloggers in order to have the more experienced, popular blogger share the less popular blogger's post and link to that blog.
Some of the benefits for doing this:
- More mentions and backlinks from other blogs, which increases Domain Authority
- More social shares content published
- More followers or email subscribers, which can translate into affiliate marketing money down the road
- More invites to interviews and roundup posts, for more backlinks and followers
- More pageviews from all of the above which can help with Ad revenue.
A few ways a blogger can reach out to another blogger:
- Share their content on social media tagging them so the blogger takes notice
- Comment on their posts so the blogger takes notice
- Subscribe to the blogger
- Email them mentioning you are a huge fan and really liked “THIS ARTICLE” that “I COMMENTED ON” and offer to write an informative guest post
- Bloggers can also pay for blogger outreach services from companies as mentioned above in the Brands section
This is a collaborative post.
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome