Is your big moving day coming up? Don’t panic if it is. We know it can just be one big stress, but if you relax into the process and actually enjoy the happiness of moving then it really isn’t as bad as you might think. All of the things that you could possibly be stressed about, we’ve got you covered. There’s so many areas of a move to consider, and so many parts of it that you might not even consider until the situation arises. So, to try and make your moving day a little easier, we’ve got you covered from a few different angles.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”NidrJ” via=”yes” ]There are so many things to consider on moving day. The kids come first! We've got you covered with a few things to keep in mind.[/ctt]
Dealing With The Kids
The kids are the main thing that you should be thinking about, but they’re often the last thing that people actually do think about. They can be so messed around by a move that you might not even realise it. It can turn to anger and frustration which can only lead to more stress for you. This is more common in younger children who are struggling to understand what’s going on. All of the sudden their mommy and daddy aren’t paying attention to them, are stressed all the time, or are possibly arguing. The best thing you can do is try to get them out of the way as much as possible by using nurseries, family members, or even just a childminder to keep them entertained whilst you can’t pay as much attention to them. Or, you can get someone else to do the moving bit and you focus on the children so they feel calm through the process.
Whoever is with them, be sure each child has a medium size bag of things to do and a favorite blanket and stuffed animal for comfort. Have an extra set of clothing or diapers and wipes in case of accidents with the stress of moving, new toilet, etc. Pack some books to read to them as well as some snacks and beverages. Find a room in the new house for either you or the sitter to hang out in while items are being moved inside. If you want to “get something done” while minding your own children, keep them and their activity bag with you in whatever room you will be working in and unpacking. If it is the kitchen and there is a doorway size entry to this room, you could put up a babygate to keep them in there with you and to remind movers to stay out of this area. The movers can set the boxes for this room just outside the gate so you can reach them for unpacking.
Sorting Your Things
Sorting things out is the hardest part, making sure everything is in the right place at the right time and with the right people can just be stressful for some. So, what you need to do is use trusted companies such as Moving Day, Inc. to make sure you’ve got everything you need when you need it. Some companies cause absolute mayhem because they don’t turn up with belongings when they should for long periods of time due to ‘delays’. The result of which can just mean so much stress for the people involved. You also need to make sure you’re sorting everything that you actually want to take, and not risking cluttering the new house up with things you don’t even need. A big sort out before you go is essential. It also gives you the chance to buy some new things that will help to make your new house your own. Be sure to sort everything such as new bills before you move and that all your addresses for everything have been changed.
Settling in for you shouldn’t be too hard as long as you’ve sorted the things we’ve listed before you attempt the move. What you need to make sure you do is introduce yourself to the neighbours to try and make some friends in your new area. You also need to make sure your children are adjusting fine to the move. If they needed to change schools you’ll need to pay even closer attention to this by liaising with the school and making sure they’re fitting in. If you're homeschooling, take some time off of homeschooling for a few weeks and make it up later. Remember to fill out the required paperwork if you move into a different district if that is required for homeschooling in your area.
This is a contributed post.
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0120A9AAI|B00K78JTXO|B008B2JGOK|B008PUMVG8|B00YD62UYG|B06XR6BPFK|B000TQ2044′ text='child size rolling backpack' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededintheho-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|UK|IT|DE|FR' link_id='41c36063-38d6-11e8-a0a8-bd78bc527a3c']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B008DZXTHK|B008DZXTHK|B004V0A8Q6|1223069125|B0727QZ2M4′ text='Gund plush' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|IT|UK' link_id='8cab18ab-38d6-11e8-9e8f-e7f4bfc14a8c']
- [amazon_textlink asin='1453096183|B01K8R4CIK|B01K8R4CIK|B000N46XR2|B00FGJ2BJ8|B01K8R4CIK|B01K8R4CIK' text='Disney magic pen activity book' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededintheho-21|neededinthe0c-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|UK|ES|IT|DE|FR' link_id='cd3b1cbb-38d6-11e8-b9f4-8b50e38429fe']
- [amazon_textlink asin='0394848381|0394848381|0394848381|0394848381|0394848381|0394848381|B01LX6QRQK' text='Picture book Moving Day' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinth0b3-21|neededinthe0c-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|IT|ES|UK|DE|FR' link_id='0c8a147c-38d7-11e8-83c1-1366e749042e']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00COW11XW|B004P31NGS|B00IQVNSPE|B00IQVNSPE|B00C3MRRUY|B00P89TGHG|B0199B4JWK' text='Sunbelt Granola bars' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededintheho-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|UK|IT|DE|FR' link_id='700b8fe2-38d7-11e8-a08f-d1759f6b5153′]
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Free Open House Cleaning Checklist
Tell me where to send your free cleaning checklist.
Leave a Reply