If you’re not a cleaning addict, the annual spring clean can be a gruelling event. However, it doesn’t have to be such a challenge – by bringing in improvements you can make your home easier to clean. Here are just five ways to make spring cleaning simpler.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”tu2NA” via=”yes” ]Make Spring Cleaning Simple – it doesn’t have to be such a challenge – by bringing in improvements you can make your home easier to clean. Here are just five ways to make spring cleaning simpler.[/ctt]
Strip the carpets
Carpets are excellent at harbouring dirt, whilst stains are often difficult to scrub out. Stripping the carpets and opting for hardwood floors or ceramic tiles could make your home much easier to keep clean. Wood and ceramic should always be treated to prevent stains and scratches – if you’re getting modern flooring installed it may already be pre-treated, however if you’re exposing old floorboards they may require laminating. Meanwhile, those that don’t want to part with their carpets could consider opting for carpet tiles instead – stained tiles can then easily be replaced.
Protect your upholstery
Sofas and armchairs may require thorough cleaning to get stains out and remove crumbs. Leather is often more stain-resistant than fabric, but can still be prone to getting marked. One simple way to make upholstery easier to clean is to protect them with slipcovers. These slipcovers will catch crumbs and be taken off and washed when stained, keeping your sofas clean.
Opt for easy-clean wall paint
Scuff marks and felt tip pen doodles left on walls by kids can be difficult to scrub off. Fortunately, there are easy-to-clean paints on the market that can be easier to scrub marks off – ideal if you’ve got kids or pets. There are also easy-to-clean furniture paints out there.
Use the right cleaning tools
Upgrading your cleaning tools could also help to make cleaning your home easier. This could include shopping for the best spin mop or buying a cordless vacuum cleaner to make cleaning up the stairs easier. You can also buy electric scrubbers to make cleaning tiles easier. On top of this, you could consider upgrading your cleaning liquids – there are certain cleansing agents on the market that are better at fighting tough marks left by grease and limescale.
Increase your storage space
A spring clean could also be a time for tackling clutter. There may be items that you’re hoarding that can be sold or disposed of, however when it comes to items that you don’t want to get rid of, increasing your storage space could be a way of keeping this clutter contained. If you don’t have the room for extra storage units, consider making the most of the walls by building shelves or hanging items on hooks. You may also be able to buy multi-purpose furniture that doubles up as storage such as an ottoman footstool or a sofa with in-built storage. Make sure to also make use of alcoves and cubby holes that could be converted in cupboards for extra storage space.
This is a contributed post.
- easy-to-clean paints
- best spin mop
- Hoover – Air Cordless 20 Volt Lithium Ion 2-in-1 Stick – Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Prolux Allvac Bagless Hard Floor Vacuum Cleaner Tile Scrubber Polisher Buffer Hardwood Vacuum
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00K0QLIPU|B001R4XHRQ|B00AXAR7EE|B00006IBNJ|B001R4XHRQ|B00AXAR7EE|B00006IBNJ' text='Goo Gone' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|IT|UK|DE|FR' link_id='473f7440-3c24-11e8-9a3f-f73dbe3d8f8e']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00949ZKYO|B00949ZKYO|B000WN7QW0|B000WN7QW0|B00EOUXY00|B00949ZKYO' text='Lime Away' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe0c-21|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21′ marketplace='US|CA|ES|IT|UK|DE' link_id='82d4e686-3c24-11e8-8d85-09a8ce2a945a']
- Brooke Cupboard with 1 Drawer and Wood Door, Walnut
- Prepac Triple Wall Mounted Storage Shelf
- 3M Command Large Utility Hooks, White, 12 Hooks, 18 Adhesive Strips
- ottoman footstool
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome