In case every time you step into your living room you feel like you are in a hotel, it might be time to personalize this important space in your home. No matter if you live minimalist of comfortable design, you can make some small changes that will impress even the most critical of your friends. The key is choosing a theme that represents your personality and values. Below you’ll find some ideas in case you are lacking inspiration.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”021V_” via=”yes” ]Your living room can impress even the most critical of your friends. The key is choosing a theme that represents your personality and values. Here are some ideas in case you are lacking inspiration.[/ctt]
Five Great Themes to Spice Up Your Living Room
Image via Gratisography
You can choose your decoration according to your music taste, or your style. Getting a canvas print of your favorite artist is the easiest solution. However, if you are a true music lover, you could also create a focal point by shopping around for Yamaha Used pianos and decorating it according to your taste. You can put your family photos, flower arrangements, your favorite playlist, or even statuettes on this grand instrument that will create a sophisticated look in your living room.
In case you feel at home on the beach and can’t wait for your next holiday, you can bring the summer back to your home by creating a seaside themed living room. From canvas images to pictures featuring beautiful seashells, there are plenty of options. You might even get a special seaside themed wallpaper to go on your feature wall. Alternatively, create a collage of your best holiday photos and get it printed in a large format.
Under the Water
Is diving your favorite activity when you are enjoying the summer? You can look at the same colorful views sitting on your sofa, if you choose the right wallpaper or pictures. Fish shaped picture frames are great, and can help you make the most out of your theme. Choose turquoise, blue, and vivid colors for your interior decor, so you can implement this design.
Image via Tim Wright
For a cottage theme, you’ll need a lot of soft furnishing. Get a sofa that has plenty of space for personalized pillows and throws. Get a rug in the middle of the room, and take up the laminate to reveal the polished floorboards. Get some classic cottage-style curtains and drapes, and don’t forget to visit the local thrift store for some handmade tablecloths and crocheted wall coverings. When you invest in cottage-style drapes you may need heavy duty drapery rods, especially if the drapes are heavy. Many old fashioned drapes were built to last, so while the cottage theme is very rustic in style, you can’t always go really cheap.
For a truly minimalist and modern look, you can make the most out of geometric shapes. Use them on your flooring, your walls, and even your ceiling. Break the rules, and get unusual shaped chairs and tables. Purchase some black and white geometric lamps to go with your overall design. Using a two-tone color scheme is the best if you want to decorate your living room with shapes.
There is nothing worse than going home to a lifeless living room. Spruce up the appearance of your home by adding a theme that shows off both your design skills and personality. Whether you’re a music lover or a diving enthusiast, you’ll find the right theme that will make you feel home in your living room.
This is a contributed post.
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00RN96LKY' text='canvas print of Beethoven' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='99c54c59-4332-11e8-8598-317c4cc9caf6′]
- seaside themed wallpaper
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01N07PLYB' text='turquose underwater picture' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='ac91768e-4332-11e8-8e8c-f71e7bb69d38′]
- classic cottage-style curtains
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01FG1R8SE' text='pillows' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='c08cd1e8-4332-11e8-bb4a-2bd570c9d100′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01LZ42033′ text='throw blankets' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='ca6284ce-4332-11e8-a118-b11edcb02aa1′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01JJXMULU' text='living room rug' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='df1bd97f-4332-11e8-bcca-299018ed713e']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01LYNQOTG' text='handmade tablecloth' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='eea4710c-4332-11e8-a644-4958112b2bf6′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0797VJBMT' text='crochet wall covering' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='1afde4c1-4333-11e8-a158-1b629f16ceb0′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0749MSNT3′ text='geometric shape picture' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='31670c63-4333-11e8-9580-31df00e0081d'][amazon_textlink asin='B0749MSNT3′ text='geometric shape picture' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='31934be4-4333-11e8-a647-576a24b12b45′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01N1FVRPN' text='geometric lamp' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='3be50ddc-4333-11e8-a3d5-13abc9fe7d1c']
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome
Leave a Reply