If you are looking to improve the looks of your home, it is important that you pay attention to the small details. No matter if you are planning on selling or simply would like to impress your visitors with the front exterior of your home, you can start improving curb appeal on a budget. With a few little changes, you can have a dream home inside and out. Below you will find a few tips on how to transform your old home into an appealing place for visitors and your family members without getting yourself into debt and making large structural changes.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”29lU7″ via=”yes” ]No matter if you are planning on selling or simply would like to impress your visitors with the front exterior of your home, you can start improving curb appeal on a budget. [/ctt]
Improving Curb Appeal on a Budget
Doors and Windows
It is important that you pay attention to the front and the back of the house. If you have old doors and windows, replacing or renovating them will make a huge difference. Single glazed windows are not energy efficient, and you might be able to secure a government fund to replace them to a greener and more beautiful version. The job will not take longer than a couple of days, but you will need to talk to a professional joiner to make sure that everything is square as possible.
Shades and Blinds
Once you have replaced the windows and doors, it is important to add your personal touch. You can get shutters, blinds, or decorative curtains that will look great from inside and outside of the house. Before you choose the solution, you will have to consider the current style of the home, so the shading fits in the picture. Another important consideration is the position of your house. The more sun you get through a window in the afternoon the hotter it will get in the summer in the room, so the more effective shading solution you will need.
Image via Pixabay
A tired looking driveway is a huge put off for prospective buyers, renters, and visitors. If you haven’t touched this for a while, and there’s weed growing between the paving stones, you might need to choose a concrete or resin driveway solution that will last for a long time and look great from the street. You might even choose a vivid color that will look great next to your home and the car. Once you have this installed, you can add some shrubs or small potted plants to make your driveway look less industrial and more homely.
If you want to make your home shine in the night and look romantic for your dinner guests, you can install some great solar lighting in the front garden. No matter if you are opting for a string light or a few lanterns, solar driveway lights, or ornaments with a light, such as an owl, a fairy, or other statue, you can transform your front yard into a fairy tale paradise on a budget, without spending too much on your electricity.
If your visitors see your garage first when they drive up to your old house, it is important that you make the right impression. Give it a coat of paint every now and then to make the marks of severe weather disappear. If you have a manual door, it might be time to upgrade for style and comfort. You can get great looking automatic garage doors installed for your property in just a day, and enjoy the looks and the functionality for many years to come.
To further improve the curb appeal of your home, you might even install a water feature in the front yard. There are some great compact solutions that are powered by solar energy, so you don’t need to get an electrician to get the wiring sorted. Further, this feature can make your front garden sound magical. Get a bird water station with a fountain to make your home look more romantic and inviting.
Front Yard Rockery
Image via Geograph
To impress your prospective buyers and your visitors, you can even build a rockery in your front yard. Depending on your home’s climate, you can get perennials or evergreens, so you can enjoy some greenery and attract butterflies, bees, and create a shaded sitting area for your guests and neighbors in case you would like to throw a party in the front garden.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to improve the look of your property. With simple changes and additions, you can have the home you always wanted on a budget. Before you get started, make sure that the new additions will fit in the existing style of your home.
This is a contributed post.
- [amazon_textlink asin='B07DWDN19M' text='small potted plants' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='310d9f16-a546-11e8-a0f3-bd84c64d885c']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00M4ZTS84′ text='JACKYLED outdoor solar lighting' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='3e4c9492-a546-11e8-a677-2dee17551999′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0734Z65D4′ text='garden owl with light' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='4946a412-a546-11e8-a95d-8999236f1c59′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0754Q3C8S' text='garden fairy with light' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='52d1e077-a546-11e8-813e-b5de0abecd15′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0758MNHWQ' text='garden cat with light' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='5b8c11dc-a546-11e8-84aa-239e224b3a1b']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B077H3C66W' text='outdoor garage door paint' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='678abf5d-a546-11e8-9db1-dfca2f5873a2′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0067PI5M2′ text='solar water fountain' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='a03b8952-a546-11e8-8d89-71c555c2c547′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00468Z214′ text='bird bath with a fountain' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='c30505ca-a546-11e8-a9b1-f51f13acd7d0′]
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Free Open House Cleaning Checklist
Subscribe and get a free cleaning checklist.