Are you sick and tired of stale smells in your home during the summer months when the good weather arrives? Do you feel constant embarrassment when you welcome a friend into your house due to the odor? Then you need to consider some of the advice in this article and put it into use as soon as possible. In most instances, there is no need to work hard or spend a lot of money to achieve the best results. With a bit of luck, anyone who uses the tips and tricks mentioned below will ensure their home always smells fresh and pleasant this summer. Of course, if these ideas don’t work, it’s probably sensible to call the professionals.
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”9P40A” via=”yes” ]In most instances, there is no need to work hard or spend a lot of money to ensure that your home smells fresh this summer.[/ctt]
Cleaning your carpet and furniture
Your carpet and furniture will often begin to smell if you have animals in your home. Lots of families choose to buy a dog because they are fantastic creatures for teaching children about the animal kingdom. However, they can produce lots of unwanted odors, and that can cause issues if you let the canine lie all over your floor and furniture. So, do yourself a favor and search online for the best furniture and carpet cleaning experts in your area. Give them a call and arrange for the specialists to come to your home and undertake all the hard work on your behalf. The job should take no longer than a couple of hours.
Using strategically-placed air fresheners
The last thing anyone wants is to swallow a burst of gas from their air freshener at home. That is why you need to use some common sense when it comes to the areas in which you place those devices. In most situations, it is wise to ensure the air freshener sprays into the middle of a room rather than in the corners or anywhere else. So, take a moment to walk around your house and work out the best positions for air fresheners. You can then head down to your local store or search online for the best prices. Electronic products with an automated spray are always going to work best.
Allowing air flow through your home
Lots of people fail to open the windows at home during the winter months because it’s too cold outside. However, that can result in the property becoming a little stale and smelly. All you have to do is open some of the small windows on the front and back of the property to encourage as much airflow as possible. When you do that; you should notice that any nasty odors start to disappear, and your house stays at a reasonable temperature. Repeat the process for at least half an hour every day for the best outcomes.
With the tips and tricks published on this page; you should never have to stress about unwanted odors at home again! Of course, you might encounter some instances in which there is a different cause for the smell. So, ensure you always investigate before pushing ahead in case you discover some rotting meat in your fridge or something similar. Stranger things have happened!
This is a contributed post.
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01G7O4VI4′ text='Enviroscent Bursts Aroma Diffuser' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='fa871706-4992-11e8-9f5d-7f29da1a9226′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B004XEIJUW|B004XEIJUW|B004RVBSKE' text='Diptyque Baies Scented Oval' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|CA|UK' link_id='90bfc5d4-4992-11e8-8072-53ff60347b05′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01JQV5T3Q|B01JQV5T3Q|B006Z83JZY' text='Illume Reed Diffuser' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinthe04-21′ marketplace='US|CA|DE' link_id='3a830dad-4992-11e8-bcc0-5fbd6c75db77′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B017KLBFC8|B017KLBFC8|B06X3WFMM1|B01N1ZFU90|B003ZVIL3O' text='Febreze Small Spaces Air Freshener' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|UK|DE|FR' link_id='1dba5204-4993-11e8-b17f-a5d03a580caa']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01CESLR52|B002YC6JTI|B000L9OXOO|B0044UKIYA|B000L9OXOO' text='Smells Begone Odor Absorber Gel' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|IT|UK|FR' link_id='45d272a3-4993-11e8-84fd-69c19618d134′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B007XTLT8I|B00OX83S04|B01N0FCVWA' text='Air Wick Freshmatic Automatic Spray Air Freshener Dispenser' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededintheho-21′ marketplace='US|CA|UK' link_id='685dd543-4993-11e8-8ba6-b7105df1b4fd']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B079MCKTD1|B0753T9TTZ|B073VL5TCR|B06XRS5FLW|B073VL5TCR|B017DBB1S8′ text='Essential oil diffuser' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20|neededinthe00-20|neededinth0b3-21|neededintheho-21|neededinthe04-21|neededinthe03-21′ marketplace='US|CA|IT|UK|DE|FR' link_id='8cd2699a-4993-11e8-9d28-490f48a2c079′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B01MPW7GRF' text='Lavender essential oil' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='9471b485-4993-11e8-803f-f12abed5a5dc']
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome