Do you have a spare bedroom in your home? If it’s not currently being put to its best use, it has probably become an overflow room for storing odds and ends and generally isn't at its best. It’s a shame to waste precious space in a home that you pay good money to live in, so why not spruce it up and consider one of the following?
This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links. My website is my job, and helps to support our family. If you decide to buy something you see mentioned here, I would be so thankful if you clicked through my links so I can receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Please read my full disclosure.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”dmf15″ via=”yes” ]Do you have a spare bedroom in your home? If it’s not currently being put to its best use, it has probably become an overflow room for storing odds and ends and generally isn't at its best. Here are some cool ideas to change it.[/ctt]
Save Your Spare Room: Cool Ideas To Transform the Space
A Guest Bedroom
If you transform your spare bedroom into a guest room it means it’s easy for friends and family to come to stay. So clear out all of the old boxes of junk, and make it into a bedroom that your loved ones will adore. Aim to make your guest room look like a nice hotel room– these are decorated in a way that suits just about everyone. A good quality bed with soft sheets, storage space to hang or fold clothes and a neutral decor scheme are all good options. When you have people over to stay, they’re not stuck on the sofa or crunched up in a little camp bed! You could go a step further and frame the Wi-Fi password, provide reading material and leave out a little tray of refreshments.
A Hobby Room
Whether you’re a musician, artist, gamer, sports cards collector, or love to craft- if you have a spare room then why not create a space where you can enjoy your hobby? In many cases, a big desk with comfy seating, storage and some cool decor that relates to what you enjoy doing would all work well. For example, if you want to use the room as a music studio, you could hang guitars or old vinyl discs on the walls. It saves you space elsewhere in the house and can keep everything together so that you stay organised.
A Home Theatre
Whether it’s for family movie night, catching the big sports match or just watching your favourite shows on Netflix, a home theatre could be a fantastic addition to your property. If you’re fed up of arguing over the TV with family members then this gives you your own space to watch what you like when you want to. You can hire a company to fit your sound system in here for the very best effect, or go a step further with a whole home audio system! Either way, a comfy sofa, big TV and great sound could turn an unused bedroom into an amazing place to watch your favourite films and shows.
A Walk in Wardrobe/ Beauty Room
Do you love clothes, shoes, accessories and makeup? If so, a walk in wardrobe or beauty room could be a dream come true. You could have built in wardrobes fitted around the edge, you can purchase these from places like Ikea or have a company come and build them custom. Be sure to save space for your dressing table! This would be the perfect place to get ready each day and will free up space in your bedroom.
This is a contributed post.
- egyptian cotton sheets
- new mattress
- [amazon_textlink asin='B07332KQG2′ text='wardrobe' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='a22d1821-499c-11e8-ac6e-738659cf6ade']
- [amazon_textlink asin='B07BK7WB24′ text='one coat interior paint cream' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='aa4c1ab4-499c-11e8-b1f2-3f2b22e3ac62′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B010XGBEQ4′ text='picture frame' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='b9072867-499c-11e8-80e5-891b7a18d933′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='0310445132′ text='Bible' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='c9b5a2cd-499c-11e8-89ab-4f1bf6e665f7′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00LLKWVL4′ text='bottled water' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='d13e807c-499c-11e8-b996-9d2830a49ec2′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B00D497VJW' text='granola bars' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='e60a4a88-499c-11e8-978d-156ca6153e9d']
- desk and chair set
- storage cupboard
- wall shelves
- guitar wall decor
- vinyl disc wall decor
- art pallette wall decor
- crafts wall decor
- video game wall decor
- sports card wall decor
- whole home audio system
- comfy sofa
- three door wardrobe
- [amazon_textlink asin='B0758KHPYP' text='built in wardrobe' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='2e87d9c4-49a0-11e8-901e-27ee63e76072′]
- [amazon_textlink asin='B06ZY8MW2J' text='dressing table' template='ProductLink' store='neededintheho-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='40038e64-49a0-11e8-91bc-75ea5276ccfd']
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome
Great ideas. Our spare room is both a guest room and a study, our daybed is so well used when the family visits but it looks like a stunning sofa the rest of the time. I love it, plus the storage space below it.
Bianca, that daybed sounds wonderful! Thanks for reading.