There are many Zero Waste Reusable Items for sale in my Etsy shop. Zero Waste Reusable Items are so helpful in diverting waste from landfills. “Zero waste” doesn’t just mean sorting trash correctly. Before waste is sorted, it is even more important to reduce the amount of waste we are creating. One way to do that is by avoiding single use items. Below are twelve items that I have sold in my Etsy shop that you can use to live more of a zero waste lifestyle, which will help you reduce gas emissions, and will save you money in the long run!
[ctt template=”4″ link=”d3l0N” via=”yes” ]There are many Zero Waste Reusable Items for sale in my Etsy shop. Zero Waste Reusable Items are so helpful in diverting waste from landfills. [/ctt]
Keep in mind, these items or colors may not presently be in stock, but you can send me a message through Etsy and request they be made and in what type of fabric and print you would like and I will respond with the cost and time-frame.
Zero Waste Reusable Items I Sell On Etsy
Microwave Baked Potato Bag Pouch to safely cook baked potatoes & vegetables in the microwave. Now you can make baked potatoes and other vegetables right in your microwave! This can also be used as a tortilla or bread warmer. It needs to be used in a microwave with a turntable. Instructions included.
Microwave Popcorn Bag to safely cook popcorn kernels in your microwave. Now you can make healthy popcorn with no chemicals or harmful ingredients right in your microwave! No oil or additives required, just use yellow or white popcorn kernels. It needs to be used in a microwave with a turntable. Instructions included.
Cotton Flannel Bath or Dish Unsponges or Scrubbies Filled with cotton flannel scraps (I can't let my scraps go to waste – #1 seller at craft shows!). They have been serged around the edges with thread. The dish ones do not have a hanging loop and have plastic mesh on one side to help with scrubbing.
100% Cotton flannel reusable washable unpaper cloth wipes and unpaper towels which come in prints or white and could come 1 ply or 2 ply.
Each smaller wipe measures approximately 8″x8″. The larger are approximately 12″x12″. Check each listing for details.
This material is very absorbent.
Wash with like colors any temperature. Dry on normal setting. Do not use fabric softener to keep it soft feeling and more absorbent. If mine are very dirty, I add a cup of vinegar and 1/2 cup Borax to my wash and use the hottest and longest cycle with an extra rinse and they come out just fine. Do not use fabric softener to keep them more absorbent and soft.
These save so much money and are better for the environment rather than disposables. They last a long time. The outer edges have been serged to prevent over-fraying. It is normal for the outer edges to fray some in the first washes.
There are many uses for these absorbent cloths…
1. Baby Wipes, Toddler Wipes – the small size folds in half and fit in a used wipe container or warmer. I keep mine dry in 6 wipes containers with a 2 oz fingertip spray bottle of water and 1/2 teaspoon of liquid baby wash soap (for wipes solution) in each. The spray bottle is kept inside the container with the cloths. I keep a wet bag nearby for soiled cloths. I spray the cloth, then wipe baby or toddler's skin. For very dirty bottoms, I will carefully spray the bottom (avoid spraying in face or eyes), then wipe. I sometimes use a dry wipe to dry skin. Here is where I keep mine…
1) Near the high chair or dining room table or kitchen table to wipe little faces and hands or to absorb spills.
2) In the diaper bag for eating out or diaper changes while traveling (I have a travel size reusable container to keep them in).
3) Near my diaper changing area which is on the main floor of my home.
4) In my baby's bedroom diaper changing area, which is on the second floor of my home. (If I had a finished basement that the baby went into with us, I would keep a changing area there for convenience. I did that in my last home.)
5) At my breast feeding station next to my rocking chair in the living room as a burp cloth, for drool, for excess milk while nursing, baby reflux or spit up cleanup, and for wiping runny noses.
6) In the bathroom near the potty chair.
2. Cloth napkins – these could be used in a lunch box as a napkin, a bento box napkin, a TV dinner napkin, table napkin as an alternative to paper napkins, also called unpaper napkins or paperless napkins or reusable napkins.
3. Cleaning cloths / kitchen wipes – clean counter tops (countertops), showers, toilets, mirrors, windows, walls, showers, bathtubs, Jacuzzis, dusting, spills, microwave food cover, as a microwave plate to hold food on or whatever you would normally use paper towels for. Also called unpaper towels, paperless towels, cloth reusable towels.
4. Pet cloths or dairy barn cloths – cleaning dog faces, dog paws, wiping eyes, washing or drying after applying ointments, drops or medications. Also for wiping cow or goat teats before milking.
5. Cloth dryer sheets – an eco friendly alternative to chemically laden commercial dryer sheets. To use, simply mix up a simple solution of 1 cup distilled white vinegar and 8 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional). Store your cloths in this solution until ready to use. When you need one, wring out the excess liquid and toss into the dryer with your laundry. When your laundry is dry, put it back into your solution to be used again.
6. Bath wash cloths (washcloths) – for bathing or face washing
7. Makeup removal cloths – use for washing off makeup or applying toner or astringent.
8. Drink coasters – to protect your furniture from drips or condensation.
9. Handkerchiefs – (hankerchiefs, hankercheifs, hanky, hankies, reusable kleenex, reusable puffs, reusable facial tissues) carry in purse or pocket to dry tears or wipe a runny nose.
10. Paperless toilet wipes / personal hygiene wipes – (as a reusable alternative to toilet paper, unpaper toilet wipes, family cloth, cloth toilet paper, reusable toilet paper) wipe clean, then place in a zippered wet bag next to the toilet. An adult can move that to a sealed 5 gallon bucket (out of the reach of children) half filled with water and 1 cup Borax to soak until wash day. On wash day, hold lid so liquid comes out, but not cloths and pour into your toilet and flush. Put the cloths into the washing machine, add your detergent, a cup of vinegar and 1/2 cup Borax and use the hottest and longest cycle with an extra rinse and do not use fabric softener.
11. For absorbent First Aid use, especially popular with burn victims.
12. Burp Rag or under breast or bottle while feeding.
Hand Knit or Crochet Eternity Scarf / Infinity Scarf or scarves come made in different colors. Other sizes and yarn types available.
Hanging dish towels / hand towels / tea towels with button closure and crochet top that you can hang by buttoning them on to your oven, refrigerator or cupboard handles.
The cut part of the dish towels were serged before attaching to crocheted portion. When attached, it was zigzag stitched twice on each to minimize fraying and to firmly keep the pieces together.
Crochet Cotton Washcloths set of 3 bath cloths / dish rags wash cloths made with 100% worsted cotton yarn. Sometimes the sizes, colors and quantity vary.
Crochet Soap Savers set of 2 with tie strings ties bath cloths bath rags wash cloths made with 100% worsted cotton yarn, colors vary.
10 sets pairs Nursing pads / Breastfeeding Pads (20 total) 5″ are made with 4 layers of 100% cotton flannel cloth. They are washable and reusable.
Reusable cotton rounds / cloth face pads / makeup pads / facial rounds 3″ are soft, reusable and washable and is currently my best seller on Etsy. People leave so many positive reviews on these. They tell me they use them with their own essential oils recipe for face washing, for applying toner or astringent, for removing makeup, soaked in cool water and squeezed out and placed on closed eyelids to reduce puffiness, in mouth for dental needs, etc.
★★★★★ “Well made product. Shipped incredibly quickly. Friendly and kind customer service. Would definitely order from again.” Alysia D.
★★★★★ “These are fantastic! Nicely made and super soft.” Ann C.
★★★★★ “Love these rounds. Super soft and comfortable, and arrived very quickly.” Amy B.
★★★★★ “Exactly what I wanted! I'm working on producing less waste and these are perfect for applying my facial toner every night! Easy to wash in a mesh laundry bag. Quick shipping and even came with a free item! Loved that little added gift. Highly recommend! :)” Jeanette R.
★★★★★ “These have worked perfectly to replace disposable cotton face pads and I love the extra little gift included! Thank you!” Rebecca P.
Related posts to read:
If you would like to buy some from my Etsy shop or other items, click here.
If you have craft items and would like to start selling on Etsy, click here to get 40 free listings to get you started.
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
Please share this post.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome