Your bedroom should be a space where you feel completely comfortable, calm, and at peace. Failing to create the right atmosphere can affect your mood and sleep. For a few ideas to design the perfect calming bedroom space, consider the following ideas.
Note: This is a contributed post. Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Bluehost, Amazon Associates, Walmart.com SM, and Etsy.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”wdQeD” via=”yes” ]In the perfect calming bedroom space, your bedroom will be a place where you feel completely comfortable, calm, and at peace.[/ctt]
A feeling of comfort is best created by an environment with softness. You notice this when you are in a hospital room and it makes you feel rather edgy because of all the hard edges and straight lines. To feel calm, we need to look at some softness. The less straight edges you see, the better. The bedroom itself and it's furniture has straight edges. You want to avoid as many sharp, crisp edges as possible.
We need to balance the lines out with softness. This can be done with a rug, extra pillows, drapes or a bed scarf. Use table runners, dresser scarves or doilies to offset hard furnishings. Continue to add more softness until you can walk in the room and sense there is enough. It may take many, many bed pillows, but it must be done.
- Calming scents
To create a space that’s calming and peaceful, using the right scents is crucial. The practice of aromatherapy is all about how different scents and oils have various health benefits. When you’re shopping for candles, these are some of the best scents for relaxation:
- Jasmine: Jasmine candles are scented with blossoms of the Jasmine flower; it’s believed that this scent has calming properties. Some people also drink Jasmine tea to relax.
- Lavender: Lavender is a purple flowering plant, native to India and the Mediterranean. It’s long been used to promote relaxation. Studies have also indicated that Lavender is also useful to encourage sleep.
- The best mattress
It’s impossible to get a good night’s sleep if you don’t have the perfect mattress. To offer the best support for your body as you rest, it’s advisable to choose a memory foam mattress. These types of mattresses are usually made from a polymer called polyurethane. The material molds to the shape of your body and offers excellent pressure relief. There are several different types of memory foam mattresses, including gel-infused, open-cell, or traditional memory foam. Once you’ve got the perfect mattress, you need top-quality bedding. Split Top Organic-Cotton Bedding is an excellent choice for a comfortable night’s rest.
- Indoor plants
A touch of nature is the best way to make your home feel more calming. Studies have shown that being around plants can elevate our endorphin levels and encourage feelings of tranquility. What’s more, plants will clean your indoor air, absorbing and filtering out the toxins. When you are choosing plants for your bedroom, consider choosing those that release oxygen at night, including:
- Orchid: These flowers come from the Orchidaceae family, the beautiful white and pink petals make them the perfect choice for the home. Continue to water these while they are not in flower; they’ll soon bloom again the following year!
- Neem Tree: These trees are members of the mahogany family. The trees are a lovely form of decoration and also have medicinal properties.
When we are decorating our homes, it’s essential to choose materials that are eco-friendly and sustainable. Doing so can help us to improve our well being and feel better about our purchases. Consuming non-sustainable items is unlikely to produce feelings of contentment or calm. From your bed sheets to your candles and your wardrobe, choose materials that reduce your carbon footprint. Materials such as hemp and bamboo are both great choices for sustainable homeware.
- The right artwork
To establish a peaceful and calm atmosphere, it’s essential to choose the right artwork. For example, you might try photography or paintings that depict natural scenes? You might instead prefer a minimalist sculpture? When you’re looking for artwork, several apps may be of use:
- Saatchi Art: With this app, you can search for hundreds of gorgeous art pieces; from sculptures to paintings. Using the virtual reality feature, you can even (virtually) try before you buy!
- ARTO Gallery: Using the ARTO Gallery app, you simply input your preferences, and then ARTO will provide you with plenty of personalized recommendations.
- Color psychology
The colors that we are surrounded by have a direct impact on our mood and emotions. If you’re looking to create a calming room, you should pay close attention to color psychology. Try the following color scheme ideas to create a calming bedroom:
- Green: The color green symbolizes the natural world, tranquility, and harmony. Some studies have indicated that the presence of this color can lift one’s mood.
- Blue: Shades of blue are associated with the ocean, meaning that blue is another great color to produce a calming atmosphere.
With the use of the right color schemes you’ll give your home the wow factor!
- Go minimal
A cluttered environment creates a negative atmosphere in which it’s difficult to relax. The best idea is to go-minimal and get rid of all the clutter. Once you’ve sorted out your items, it’s a good idea to sell what you can. Apps such as ‘Decluttr’ and ‘ebay’ are a great place to sell unwanted homeware.
- Use natural light
To create a peaceful bedroom space, it’s essential to make the best use of natural light. If your room does not get enough light during the day time, it can help buy a SAD lamp. These lamps are designed to mimic natural light and consequently lift your mood.
- The perfect temperature
Temperature control is another key factor in feeling comfortable and relaxed. Try using a smart thermometer to regulate the temperature in your home. A smart thermometer works by learning your preferences and automatically adjusting the temperature. Creating the perfect temperature is also essential for a restful sleep.
You don’t have to break the bank to create a calming bedroom; most of these ideas are inexpensively achieved! It’s useful to set yourself an approximate budget before you start making purchases.
This is a contributed post.
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
If you find my tips useful, feel free to buy me a coffee to support my efforts. Thank you in advance!
Be sure to check out our Etsy shop, NeededInTheHome.
Looking for deals? Read posts about Shopping Deals.
Subscribe to our Hot Shopping Deals emails so you never miss a deal!
Want to remember this? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome