Getting your artwork or photos done through online framing and matting services are a relatively new trend that is quickly gaining in popularity. People on social media and trendy Instagram influencers love to share the photos or art that they’ve had beautifully matted and framed. But how does it work?
Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to Amazon Associates, Walmart.com, and Etsy.
Getting online framing and matting services done is a very simple process.
- Most online framing and matting sites will start you off by having you pick out a style that you would like to incorporate to your mat or frame and you will usually have design options to choose from.
- Then you have the choice of uploading your own photo from your phone/computer or you can choose the artwork route and select something that the site has available or an artwork of your own.
- Once you submit your choices, the site will ship your selections to you.
Pros and Cons
Of course, just like everything else, there are pros and cons to online framing and matting. One pro is that you will receive a stunning, beautiful piece of home décor. However, one big drawback is that it is usually custom work and custom anything is more expensive.
For example, a regular frame from Target may cost $13, but a custom made frame or mat from an online shop may be $90. Why is that?
- As mentioned before, custom anything is tailored to you as individual, so it is going to cost more.
- Online framing and matting is now a booming market, so there’s more competition.
- Having more options than ever before also hikes up the price.
That seems like a lot of cons, are there any more pros?
- As previously stated, a stunning and beautiful piece of home décor
- Invest in a frame because using other methods like thumbtacks or silly putty will ruin your photo or artwork.
- A custom frame or matting, just gives the décor more class, a sophisticated air.
Back in the 14th and 15th centuries in Europe, only churches and wealthy families could pay for the framing of their art. In modern times, you can design your mats and frames online and have it shipped right to your door! Expensive cost aside, having your matting and framing done online will save you a lot of time and energy by allowing you to make choices in the comfort of your own home.
This is a contributed post.
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
If you find my tips useful, feel free to support my work. Thank you in advance!
Be sure to check out our Etsy shop, NeededInTheHome.
Looking for deals? Read posts about Shopping Deals.
Subscribe to our Hot Shopping Deals emails so you never miss a deal!
Want to remember this? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome