[ctt template=”4″ link=”zu4eH” via=”yes” ]Step by step how to Get Paid Using ibotta instructions so you can get cash back through PayPal or Venmo as soon as possible![/ctt]
Have you signed up for ibotta yet? It’s one of my favorite apps for getting paid on things I already buy anyway, and it’s a great way to save money on groceries and more—without printing or clipping coupons! For my large family of ten, every bit of savings counts! I mentioned to a friend how I have recently received a payment through PayPal of over $100 on ibotta and I am working towards my next goal. She asked a lot of questions about how it works so I thought it was time to write an in-depth article about it on my blog!
As you can see in the photo below, ibotta will pay you a little money for each type of item. It's basically couponing in the modern world. Advertisers pay ibotta and then you get the money back for making a purchase.
Below is a shot of what it looks like on a smartphone. You can choose your favorite retailers (and can change them at any time) to find them easily at the top of the screen when you are ready to redeem. Or you can scroll down and browse by category.
I tend to buy a lot of store brand products, especially at ALDI. So my favorite feature is the “any brand”. I go into this section and click the ones I used before I upload my receipt. I love it that I don't have to buy expensive name brands to get money back.
You can go through ibotta to purchase your products online and have them shipped to you and receive a tiny commission as well. I am not as excited about this feature as I feel the payout is small. Usually only 1 to 4% of your purchase. I earn more money buying in-store items. I seem to use this mostly on Amazon purchases.
I feel the easiest in-store purchase for me to use is Walmart. They have made it so simple. When I have chosen my products and I am ready to hit “upload receipt”, all I have to do is scan the little square QR code at the bottom of the receipt and it will find the deals for me. I still double check this because sometimes it will miss an “any brand” and I will have to click that one myself. But usually this is the fastest upload for me!
I recently tried out a new feature at my local Applebees restaurant. This is so new that the restaurant manager learned it with me trying it out! It's called Pay with ibotta and it is part of your app. You load a way to pay in your app, like a debit or credit card. You eat at the restaurant, shop at the store, pay for your gas or whatever you are doing. Then you go into the app to pay and the cashier scans the code that comes up on your phone or types it in. My local Applebees didn't have a scanner, so they typed the numbers in.
If you have an opportunity to leave a tip, it will ask you the amount and you type it in. You double check to be sure the purchase amount is right and then the cashier scans the code on your phone and gives you your receipt. I still had to sign a copy of the receipt for them to keep.
How To Get Paid Using ibotta
- Sign up for ibotta and download the free app.
- Login to your account and check out which stores in your area offer cash back. (You can get cash back from over 300 different stores — including my local favorites Kwik Trip (a local gas station/convenience store), Walmart, Walgreens, Dollar Tree, ALDI, Sam's Club, Woodman's (a local grocery store), you might have a Whole Foods near you, and many, many more. No matter where you live, there should definitely be some stores that offer cash back offers from iBotta in your area!)
- Before you go to the store to shop or after you are home from grocery shopping, check the app to see if there are any cash back offers for items you purchased.
- If an item you bought qualified for a rebate, all you have to do to get your money is to choose the retailer you purchased from and the item you purchased. Then, upload a copy of your receipt or scan a barcode on the receipt, you may need to scan the barcode of some products and hit submit and confirm it. (This takes around a minute or less to do!)
- Once your cash back is approved, it will be added to your account within 48 hours on local retailers! You can cash out when you have $20 accrued in your account. You can choose to either have a Paypal or Venmo deposit or you can turn your cash back into gift cards for retailers like Amazon.
Soon you will be the one telling your friends about ibotta! And that's a good thing because ibotta also gives you a little money when your friends use your referral code!
I hope this helps you to see some of the ways you could earn money back with the ibotta app. It’s SO easy to use — and a great way to stretch your grocery dollars further!
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
If you find my tips useful, feel free to buy me a coffee to support my efforts. Thank you in advance!
Want to remember this? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Board!