One of the best pets in the world is a cat. Usually, people are dog people or cat people, but until you’ve had a beautiful moggy nudge your face with their nose, you won’t know that you are a cat person! They make the home a happy place, and they make your life more fulfilled with love. Cats have a special place in the home, and while they require a lot less maintenance than dogs, they are just as loving and affectionate when they want to be. Here are seven reasons why a cat should be your next pet.
Note: This is a contributed post. Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to, Amazon Associates, Walmart.com, and Etsy.
Cats are smart and intelligent creatures, and they make for great initial pest control before you call in a company to do the work for you. There is a lot of depth for these fluffy animals, and we've got seven excellent reasons that a cat should be your next pet.
Before bringing your cat home, study up on pet food. You will want him or her to be as healthy as possible to save you on vet clinic bills and so you can keep your new companion around much longer. Make sure to research the different pet food companies available to you, such as Ultimate Pet Nutrition, so you are confident your cat is receiving the best food! Have the food, feeding and watering containers, kitty litter box and litter available as well as toys and treats. These should all be in place and set up before bringing your little buddy home.
Why A Cat Should Be Your Next Pet
- The Purring. When you are stroking your cat, they will purr at you. When you come in the door after work, they will purr at you. This soothing rumbling makes you feel better when you’re feeling sad, and this is a great way to feel calm when you’re upset.
- The Love. Cats are the least judgmental creatures in the world. They do not care how messy you are, or if you want to spend your entire day in pajamas, they will not judge you – only love you.
- The Company. Cats will meow at you when you talk to them or they want your attention. They will listen when you talk. Animals have that uncanny knack of being therapeutic – even though they won’t speak back in the same language. Cats are no different!
- The Calm. There is a calmness, a surety to a cat. They are happy to just be in your company, and when they’ve had enough they'll find a spot of sunshine to relax in. They are sure of themselves and they just know how to make the house a calmer place.
- The Familiarity. A brand new cat vs one that has been with you for years has a difference. As your cat ages with you, you’ll get to know their favorite games and foods, spots to lounge and places to sleep. They become familiar, and they are very easy to love.
- The Fun. Cats love to play. They’ll chase lights and mice and they will bat your hand for ages looking for scratch!
- The Unconditional Love. Cats can be excellent companions. They love you as much as you love them, and they get to know you and your scent to know who the person is with the treats and the food. They’re all about the cuddles and they will rush to you when you come home after a long day. Cats know how to reassure and make you feel happy and content.
People love cats in all cultures for a reason. They’re funny and adorable all at once, and they do a great job at eating all the spiders in the house. Why wouldn't you want a fluffy furball for a friend?
This is a contributed post.
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
If you find my tips useful, feel free to buy me a coffee to support my efforts. Thank you in advance!
Looking for deals? Read posts about Shopping Deals.
Subscribe to our Hot Shopping Deals emails so you never miss a deal!
Want to remember this? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome