If you are in the process of decorating your living area, one thing you need to give a lot of consideration to is the sort of tables that are going to be within the room. Coffee tables are the obvious starting point, and a lot of people tend to incorporate hutches or sideboards into their living room as well. Read on for some more tips and advice.
Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase. Affiliate relationships include, but are not limited to Amazon Associates, Walmart.com, and Etsy.
Finding The Perfect Coffee Table
There are lots of great coffee tables, yet we recommend going for a gloss table. Gloss tables are good because they reflect light into the room, making the space look a lot bigger. Of course, window replacement is another incredibly effective way of ensuring you get plenty of natural light into your living space so that it is welcoming and spacious.
If you have looked on the Internet, you will have no doubt noticed that you have a wide variety of tables to choose from. With that being said, read on to discover what you need to consider.
- The space that is available – First and foremost, determine how much space you have available to you. 18 inches is the ideal distance from the edge of the table to the edge of the sofa. If you have a small living room, don’t fret, as white gloss furniture is notorious for making rooms appear bigger and more spacious.
- Don’t overdo it – The beauty of high gloss furniture is that it is modern, sleek, and simple. The gloss finish speaks for itself; you don’t need any cut-outs or other design elements for the table to draw attention. If you want to add some color or style, you can always invest in a vase of flowers or another type of table centerpiece.
- Make sure you leave enough room – You are going to need plenty of space between your TV stand and the coffee table. It is advisable to leave at least 30 inches for an ample passageway.
- Consider what the table is going to be used for – Is the coffee table simply going to add interest to a redundant space? Do you plan to keep your remote and drinks on the table? Do you need a table for extra storage space? By determining your requirements, you will be best placed to choose the ideal coffee table for you.
- Don’t overlook height – This is a factor that a lot of people tend to forget about. However, your living room can look awkward if your white gloss coffee table is higher than your sofa.
What About Your Hutch or Sideboard?
A hutch or sideboard can add style to any room. This is a great way to update a space that has become a bit dull and uninspiring. Moreover, you also have the added benefit of a piece of furniture that is going to open up the space and make the room appear bigger. But, what should you use your hutch or sideboard for? Read on for some great suggestions.
Let’s begin with the traditional option, and this is using the hutch, buffet or sideboard for serving food. This is what this piece of furniture has been designed for. It is typically placed in the dining room whereby serving dishes, such as silver, are displayed. At the same time, it is also used for storage. Nevertheless, you don’t have to stick to the rules, and there are plenty of other uses for this type of high gloss furniture.
One option is to use the hutch as an area to display your collections, if you have any, of course. Perhaps you collect a certain type of ornament? A hutch would be the perfect place to show this off. You may want to consider opting for a unit with glass doors so that you can display what is placed inside.
Do you work from home? If so, you will want a stylish workplace, and what better than a sleek, modern piece of white gloss furniture? Use your hutch so that you have a dedicated space for all of your work materials. This can act as a functional work piece during the day, and a chic decorative piece of furniture by night.
Finally, if you have children, then you will know that any storage space is welcome; as it seems the toys they own are never-ending. It can be tough to stylishly incorporate children’s toys into your home, which is why a white gloss hutch with drawers or cupboard doors is ideal. It keeps clutter out of view yet the toys are still easy to access.
This is a contributed post.
- wood gloss table
- white gloss table
- teal vase
- table centerpiece
- table with hidden lift top table for laptops and drawer
- table with remote control storage
- high gloss living room hutch, buffet or sideboard
- hutch with glass doors
- white gloss hutch to store work from home materials
- white gloss hutch with doors for toys
- white gloss hutch with drawers for toys
Subscribe so you never miss a post.
If you find my tips useful, feel free to buy me a coffee to support my efforts. Thank you in advance!
Be sure to check out our Etsy shop, NeededInTheHome.
Looking for deals? Read posts about Shopping Deals.
Subscribe to our Hot Shopping Deals emails so you never miss a deal!
Want to remember this? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to receive our latest articles and promotional content by email from NeededInTheHome